November 8th, 2013
You want your wedding day to be the most memorable day of your life. But more often than anyone would like to admit, it doesn't always happen. Here are the six biggest mistakes brides make and how to avoid making them yourself.
- Delegating: We can't say it enough. You can't do everything! If you try, you'll drive yourself crazy. So find people to help you do the planning. Yes, the final decisions will be yours, but find some people to take care of the details that get you to that point. It will make your day a lot easier and less stressful.
- Embrace flaws: Let's get this out of the way now. something will go wrong on your wedding day. Your day will not end up exactly the way you thought it would. And that's ok! Perfection is unattainable when it comes to big, complicated events like your wedding. Roll with the punches and accept that things will change without your approval.
- Involve your fiance: He's in this with you, he may as well help you share the load when it comes to planning and decisions. He does know everyone's looking at you, but if you involve him in the process, he won't feel left out. And, you won't feel like he's not engaged in the wedding. He may not know ecru from eggshell, but if you give him something to do, it'll make things go a lot smoother.
- Don't be angry: Easier said than done. Because at some point during the happiest day of your life, you'll want to strangle someone. Take a deep breath and let it go. Don't take it out on your bridal party or family (or your fiance). It's one day, and it'll be over before you know it. Don't spend it being angry.
- Eat something: There's nothing worse than selecting a spread off the best food you've ever had, spread out 10 feet from the head table...and you don't eat any of it. Make sure you get a plate. Most wedding venues will make a point of bringing you a plate to your table so you don't have to fight a crowd of well-wishers to the buffet line. But if yours doesn't, designate a someone to make sure you get fed.
- It's just a party: Really, that's all it is. Because at the end of the day the wedding's not about the cake, the food or the dancing. It's abut the vows and spending the rest of your life with the person sittinng next to you at the head table. Don't forget that.
And to make your day one you can remember forever, get the best photographer you can. Contact us to see what we can do for you on your wedding day.
by Opie Janzer