OPIE Photography specializes in maternity and newborn photography in Salt Lake City, Utah and the surrounding areas such as Sandy, Bountiful, Park City, and Ogden. Opie has been in business as a professional photographer for 12 years and has a bachelors degree in Fine Art Photography from the University of Utah. One of the only photographer's in the area that has upper level education from a university specializing in photography. Opie offers client's a professional maternity and newborn studio located at 678 South 700 East Salt Lake City, Utah.
Inside the photo studio client's can choose between a wide variety of designer maternity gowns and floral hear pieces for their session. The maternity session can be done inside the studio and the studio garden or a location of the client's choice. Popular locations for maternity sessions are the utah state capitol, millcreek canyon, big cottonwood canyon and downtown salt lake. For the newborn session props such as buckets, baskets, and bowls along with hats and wraps are provided for the photo shoot. The client just needs to choose two colors for the newborn session and Opie will take care of the rest.
After the photo shoot client's can view and order their photos the same day in studio or another day that is scheduled. Opie will help each client choose the best photos from the session. The photos can be displayed and enjoyed as canvas wall art, prints inside a fine art box, or an heirloom leather album. With a quick turn around time of two weeks every client will have a product in their hand shortly after the photo shoot. Every photo that is purchased as a print or put into an album comes with the retouched digital file.
2021 Covd-19 Studio Policies
Your maternity photo shoot will pretty much be the same as photo shoots we've done before covid. The only major changes is that we ask clients to bring a mask and bring their own lingerie.
THE CLIENT The client is required to fill out our covid-19 survey and waiver 24 hours before photo shoot. The survey and waiver will be emailed to the client a few days before the shoot. The makeup artist will check the clients temperature upon arrival to the studio. If the client's temperature is 100 degrees or higher the photo shoot will be canceled.
If any of the following symptoms are present, services will not be rendered: Fever or chills Cough Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing Fatigue Muscle or body aches Headache New loss of taste or smell Sore throat Congestion or runny nose Nausea or vomiting Diarrhea
THE MASK Client must properly wear a face covering at all times (upon arrival, during lingerie consult, and during the in person ordering of photos after the shoot). This includes over the face and nose. The mask must fit snug against the clients face without falling down. The client can remove her face covering once the photo shoot begins. The client can have her mask off while photos are being done and while she is changing outfits.
- The photographer will wear a face mask while shooting photos.
- The photographer will stay 6 feet away while shooting photos.
- The photographer will explain the poses and direct the client from a distance.
- The photographer will wear a face mask while helping the client select photos on a TV connected to the computer. The client must wear a face mask and sit 6 feet away from the photographer while selecting photos. The client will read off her credit card number when it comes time to pay for the photos.
- The hair and makeup artist will wear a mask and face shield. Hair products and makeup will be cleaned in between clients. The client will wear a mask during hair styling and part of the makeup application.
- The two beds in the studio will have white and cream sheets. All sheets will be removed from the beds and washed in between clients.
- The following props will be sprayed down with disinfectant in between clients: chairs, sofas, and beds.
- All surfaces will be wiped down or sprayed with disinfect.
- 24 hours in between appointments
- Clients will bring their own outfits: lingerie, shoes, and jewelry.
- Clients to bring their own water, drinks, and snacks.
- No additional people in the studio – partner, spouse, friends, family, or children in the studio.
If you feel sick or have any mild symptoms please cancel your photo shoot. We can reschedule you for another date.
You can contact Opie directly to ask questions or schedule a pre-shoot consultation at 801-815-2262 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All consultations and photo shoots are done by appointment.